Why we collect personal information
If you are a OneConnect customer, we have some basic information about you. We understand that some of this information is private, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service. For example, when you open an account for services, we collect information that allows us to confirm your identity and to accurately bill and collect for the services that you receive from us.
- To understand your needs and preferences and to improve services. We maintain a record of the services you receive from us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. We also look at how our customers use our services, so that we can understand how to improve them.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze customer usage of our networks and facilities to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
When do we disclose personal information?
- We may disclose a customer’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of OneConnect, is seeking the information as an agent of the customer. For example, we may provide information about a customer’s account to the customer’s legal representative if we are satisfied that that individual is requesting the information on behalf of the customer.
- Customer information may be shared among OneConnect business units to help us serve our customers better and to provide them with combined services from different parts of our organization.
- In conjunction with special offers or programs, we may disclose customer’s personal information to our program partners, or to third-party agents responsible for administering such offers or programs. Any such disclosure is made on a confidential basis with the customer’s express consent.
Any such disclosure of a customer’s personal information outside of OneConnect is made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, OneConnect:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
To remove your name for our marketing lists or if you have any questions about our privacy practices, please call us at 1-866-432-7437. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above.